Charter is expanding customers’ access to premier networks, ASPiRE, Impact, Bounce TV, Revolt and other African-American programming
Charter Communications has long been supportive of independent programmers and believes it is vitally important to partner with multicultural networks to ensure that our customers have access to diverse news, education and entertainment.
As we celebrate Black History Month, it is important to note that the demand for diverse and targeted African-American programming is growing among our subscribers, and we want to meet that demand. That’s why we are proud to be partnering with network owners like Earvin “Magic” Johnson (ASPiRE), former U.S. Congressman J.C. Watts (Black Television News Channel), Sean Combs (Revolt), and Bishop Wayne T. Jackson (The Impact Network) to bring important educational, inspirational, and entertainment programming to millions of our subscribers. This programming helps inform, inspire and empower African-American audiences across the country.
We recently took a series of actions that will enable us to significantly expand access to African-American-themed and owned programming for Spectrum TV subscribers in several of the biggest TV markets in the country. They include:
- Extending our agreement with the ASPiRE Network.
- Expanding the distribution footprint of Revolt, ASPiRE, and Up, which will now be carried across all three legacy companies’ systems.
- Entering into a new carriage deal with The Impact Network, which will include distribution across many Spectrum markets in the near future.
- Expanding distribution of Bounce TV, which made the network available to Spectrum TV customers in Raleigh, Dallas, New York City and Los Angeles.
- Entering into a new carriage deal with Black Television News Channel (BTNC), the nation’s only African-American news network, which will make the channel available once operational to customers in several large African-American TV markets, including: New York City, Los Angeles, Tampa and Charlotte.
We are pleased to expand the carriage of multicultural programming on Spectrum TV and look forward to continued partnerships with these and other diverse and independent programmers so that we can further enhance the products and services we offer to our customers.