FCC Report: Spectrum Internet Consistently Delivers
Every day, Charter strives to better serve our customers by offering highest-quality broadband service with fast speeds and consistent performance. The Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) latest “Measuring Broadband America Fixed Broadband Report” finds we’re doing just that:
- Spectrum Internet™ outperformed all DSL and Fiber competitors, exceeding 100% of advertised download speeds on all tiers measured –– and making Spectrum Internet “most consistent” for the fifth consecutive year.
- Spectrum Internet also delivers consistent upload speeds, exceeding 100% of advertised upload speeds on all tiers measured.
- Importantly, the report also found that Spectrum Internet exceeded advertised speeds even during peak usage (defined as the hours of 7:00 – 11:00 pm on weekdays at the time of the report), meaning that even when internet usage is at its highest, our network delivers the performance our customers expect.
Our industry-leading network is also 99.9% reliable and offers minimum speeds of 200 Mbps to customers in 85 percent of our service area, with 100 Mbps everywhere else, as well as access to gigabit speeds across our entire 41-state footprint. And all Spectrum Internet plans offer 24 x 7 support with no modem fees, no contracts, and no data caps.
Our customers are counting on us, and we will continue to make Spectrum Internet even stronger, faster, and more reliable. They deserve nothing less and we want nothing more – especially in these challenging times.
- Charter is continuing to strengthen our industry-leading record, including by investing nearly $40 billion in U.S. infrastructure and technology from 2016-2020 alone.
- Rated by U.S. News & World Report as the Best Internet Service Provider for Rural Areas in its 2021-22 ratings, we’ve also begun an initiative to extend our network to reach approximately one million additional currently-unserved families and small businesses.
With millions working and learning from home due to the coronavirus pandemic, access to reliable, high-speed internet service has never been more important, and we’re proud of this report that proves that even at the height of a global pandemic, our investments and the hard work of our more than 90,000 employees continue to pay off for the millions of families and small businesses we are proud to call our customers.