Charter is proud of our commitments to the Latino community, and as America’s fastest-growing TV, internet, and voice company, we are excited to offer a wide range of Latino-focused programming both in Spanish and English. Today, Charter is expanding on that commitment with the announcement of five new Latino-targeted TV networks that offer family-friendly, lifestyle, home and garden, and educational programming. The new channels will be available at no additional cost to subscribers of Spectrum’s Mi Plan Latino and Latino View TV packages.
The new Latino-focused networks span multiple genres and offer our Spectrum customers more content options and greater choice. The channels include:
- Kids Central: Kids Central is targeted at children aged 3-7 and features parent-approved entertainment for a diverse audience, and every program is available in both English and Spanish, in high definition.
- Inglés Para Todos: Inglés Para Todos is dedicated to teaching English as a second language and features 24-hours of educational content for all learning levels.
- ¡HOLA! TV: ¡HOLA! TV is an entertainment and lifestyle network that features exclusive interviews and news about celebrities, royals, and others.
- Tarima TV: Tarima TV is the first Spanish-language concert platform in the U.S., offering 24-hour music programs featuring a broad range of Latino music genres, including salsa, reggaeton, mariachi, ranchera, and many more.
- Hogar de HGTV: Hogar de HGTV is a new network from Discovery U.S. Hispanic and will be available to Spectrum subscribers by August 1. Hogar features the very best mix of food and home content for Spanish-language audiences from HGTV, Food Network, and Discovery’s lifestyle brands from around the globe, in addition to original productions such as “Mientras no Estabas,” “Destino con Sabor,” and “Chef a Domicilio,” a new series produced entirely from participants’ homes amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
These new networks add to Charter’s already impressive lineup of Latino-targeted, English and Spanish-language programming for Spectrum TV subscribers. Charter’s Mi Plan Latino offers one of the most robust Latino packages of any major cable provider, with more than 140 channels in English and Spanish, including more than 75 Spanish-language channels. Charter’s Latino View tier also offers customers more than 75 channels in Spanish on top of any Spectrum TV Select, Silver, or Gold package.
Beyond programming, Charter is proud to partner and work collaboratively with civil rights organizations and community partners across the country to invest in and strengthen communities. In concert with members of Charter’s External Diversity and Inclusion Council (EDIC), as well as other diverse partners, we are finding ways to improve broadband adoption, digital literacy training and education, and workforce development opportunities. From our Spectrum Digital Education Grant Program, Charter’s $6 million commitment to provide digital education and training to communities across the country—to Charter’s state-of-the-art, fully bilingual call center in McAllen, Texas, which now employs over 600 residents from that area—we are investing and creating positive change within the communities we serve.
Tom Montemagno, Executive Vice President of Programming Acquisition for Charter, reinforced Charter’s commitment saying, “Charter is dedicated to providing our customers with the best programming that reflects their diverse interests. These networks offer a wide variety of programs in Spanish and English, providing even more choice, entertainment, and value for our subscribers.”
Whether it’s programming, partnerships, or our work serving our customers and employees, Charter is investing in diverse communities across our 41 state footprint and every day we look forward to helping even more neighborhoods connect with one another.
Senior Director of Policy and External Affairs